Preway Gas Dishwasher Service Manual
COMPLETE TIME CYCLE CHART
Gas Dishwasher - Model 2530-1
WIRING DIAGRAM FOR GAS DISHWASHER Model 2530-1
Electric Ignition and Lockout Control
PREWAY BUILT-IN AUTOMATIC GAS DISHWASHER
MODEL 2530 SERIES
(For Natural or Mixed Gases)
MODEL P2530 SERIES
(For Propane Bottled Gas) Carefully Keep These Instructions With Other Dishwasher Literature
INSTALLATION OF THIS GAS DISHWASHER MUST CONFORM TO ALL STATE AND CITY CODES, LAWS AND ORDINANCES GOVERNING THE INSTALLATION OF GAS APPLIANCES TO THE GAS SYSTEM, PLUMBING AND ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS.
BEFORE INSTALLING DISHWASHER
1.-Remove tape from each side of the Door and from each end of the Front Grille. Open the door by pushing up the Touch Release Bar beneath the top control panel and lower the door. Remove the corrugated board brace from between the upper and lower dish racks and roll out the upper rack. Remove the packing pads from the front and rear of that rack and remove the tape holding the cup rack in place.
Roll the upper rack in. Remove tape holding lower rack and roll out onto door. Remove the package containing the samples of detergent and wetting (nonspotting) agent and also remove the instruction envelope, which must be given to the user with these Installation Instructions. Remove the packing pads from each end of the rack. Remove the tape holding in place the Silverware Basket, the two Cup Racks, and the Detergent Cup. Remove the tape holding the Strainer Screen to the bottom of the tub and make sure the Screen fits securely in position. Roll the lower rack back into the tub. Close and latch the Door securely.
2.-Use the paper Template packed with these instructions, as indicated in the following information.
Select location of Dishwasher in the cabinets. The Dishwasher is 23-29/32" Wide, 34½" High, and 22¾" Deep, not including the door thickness. Place the paper Template on the floor and mark off all pertinent information on the floor. Also see Figures 2, 3 and 4.
3.-Provide roughing-in of the Hot Water, Drain, Gas and Electric lines. See Figures 5, 6, 7, and 8. Also refer to Template.
4.-Remove the Front Grille by pulling it straight forward. It is held in place by a friction clip at each end.
5.-Remove the Toe Plate by unscrewing two screws at each end.
6.-Remove Exhaust Tube by removing two 3/16" hex
head screws from right side of tube. Simply pull tube forward to remove.
HANDLE THE DISHWASHER WITH CARE BEFORE AND DURING INSTALLATION.
1.--The Dishwasher Burner has a gas input rating of 16,000 B.T.U. per hour.
(a) The Model 2530 Series is equipped for use with Natural Gas with 950 to 1,450 B.T.U. per cubic foot. The orifice is No. 41 drill size.
If Mixed Gas is to be used with no less than 700 to more than 800 B.T.U. per cubic foot, the orifice spud has to be changed to the one in the bolt bag which has a No. 35 drill size orifice. To change orifice spud (1) Remove Front Grille and Toe Plate. (2) Unscrew the 2 bolts that attach the Air Tube to the Gas Burner and to the Combustion Tube. (3) Remove the Air Tube. (4) Inside the front end of the Burner is a small Diffusion Target which can be removed. Note particularly the position of the Target. (5) The Orifice Spud is now accessible and it can be unscrewed from the inside of the Burner with a small socket wrench. Do not loosen gas line connections to the Burner and Gas Valve. (6) Install replacement spud and replace Target in exactly the same position as when removed. Notice there is a small tab on the edge of the Target. This tab must fit into the slot located on the burner Target seat when being replaced. (7) Replace Air Tube and attach it to the Burner and to the Combustion Tube with the two bolts.
(b) The Model P2530 Series is equipped for use with Propane Bottled Gas with 2400 to 2600 B.T.U. per cubic foot.
The orifice spud has a No. 51 drill size orifice.
DO NOT USE ANY OTHER TYPE OF GAS THAN SPECIFIED IN EITHER MODEL.
F1430-2 CN 17288 FP264-1M
2.-It is not necessary to make any air adjustment as the air is pre-adjusted by means of an air orifice in the Air Tube.
3.-A gas pressure regulator is a part of the Main Gas Valve of the Dishwasher which maintains correct gas pressure. The regulator is factory-set at 2.8" water column and should not have to be re-adjusted.
4.-The Gas Line is to be â
" Iron pipe or Copper tubing. The connection is â
" I.P.S. See paragraph 9 under "TO INSTALL DISHWASHER" on connecting the Gas Line. We recommend that an accessable shut-off valve be installed in the Gas Line before the con nection to the Dishwasher.
1.--The Dishwasher must have hot water supplied to it at between 20 and 120 pounds pressure per square inch, however, the temperature of the water is not important as the Preway Gas Dishwasher controls its own water temperature.
2.-Where local codes permit, Â½" O.D. minimum copper tubing may be used to connect the Hot Water to inlet on Service Connector. The connection size is â
" I.P.S. See paragraph 3 "TO INSTALL DISHWASHER" and the Template. This line may enter through the house floor or wall or from a near-by sink and should be equipped with an accessible shut-off valve.
Flush the hot water line before connecting to the Service Connector. This removes dirt, etc. which will prevent clogging the strainer screen in the Water Inlet Valve.
3.-The Drain Line must be connected to the drain outlet on the service connector with 1" pipe and may enter the house drain any place up to 18" above or below the floor level into the house drain system. Refer to Figures 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
A water trap is desired between the dishwasher and the house drain to prevent sewer odors from entering the home.
A drain air gap is a built in part of the Dishwasher Drain system.
However: If the built-in air gap cannot be used due to installation, plumbing codes, or desiring the entrance into the house drain above 18" from the floor level, the drain system must be changed. Refer to Figures 7 and 8.
The built-in air gap then must be eliminated and a short hose be substituted between the drain pump and drain outlet on the service connector. This 7" section of hose can be cut off from the original eliminated air gap line. See Figure 7. The plumber may then run the drain line from the service connector through an air gap installed at the height the local code requires, to a disposal unit or through a water trap to the house drain. See Figures 5, 6, 7, and 8.
4.-Be sure that all pipe or tubing is taper-reamed and is clean of chips, scale, white lead, lubricants, or other substances.
Junction Box (Cover Removed)
Burner Gas Line
Main Gas Valve
Elbow Hold Dowel Hole
Approximate Dimension - Use Template Supplied Figure 4
Height - Normal Installation Can Enter House Drain
Air Gap Above Top
built-in drain gap.
Typical Installation Into Disposal Unit Above 18" From Floor
1.-The Dishwasher is engineered to operate from a 115 volt, 60 cycle A.C. power source. The operating load is 6 amperes.
The Junction Box should be connected to the power supply with a separately fused circuit with a fuse rating of 15 amperes. All connections must be made to comply with local electrical codes.
If local codes require a separate Outlet Box, it could be installed in back of the Dishwasher or inside the adjoining cabinet at the right.
2.-The Dishwasher is completely wired and ready to be connected to the Power Supply with No. 14 2-wire (or 3-wire if desired for a ground wire) cable or conduit. Refer to local codes. The connection is made in the Junction Box in the right front of the Dishwasher. If coming from the rear, it can follow the Gas Line; if from the right side, it can come direct to the Junction Box through the cabinet side. See Paragraph 8 "TO INSTALL DISHWASHER" and Figure 1.
3.-A schematic Wiring Diagram is provided on the rear sfde of the Front Grille.
TO INSTALL DISHWASHER
1.-Remove the Service Connector from the rear base of the Dishwasher by unscrewing the two long Installation Bolts at the front just far enough so that the Service Connector is loose. Remove the service connector, Figure 9.
2.-Attach the Service Connector to the floor securely in the selected location and in accordance with the Template. If attached to wood floor, use 3/16" by 1 ¼" round head wood screws and if to concrete, use expansion fasteners.
Hot Water Connection Drain Connection
3.-Connect the Hot Water and Drain Lines to the Service Connector tightly.
4.-Run the Gas Line from the lower right rear so that the end of it is 5-1/16" from the front of the adjoining cabinets. The center of the gas line is 2¾" from the floor and 2" from the right side of the Dishwasher. This is important. See Template. Cap the end, turn on the gas and test all connections, for leaks. Use a soap solution for testing - never test with a match or open flame. If there are no leaks, shut off the gas and remove the cap from end of gas line.
5.-Slide the Dishwasher carefully into position against the Service Connector. Extreme care must be used in watching the Gas Line come through the Dishwasher
so that the Gas Line connections or any wiring are not disturbed. Be sure the slip-fit connections for the Hot Water and Drain Lines are pushed tightly in respective connections of the Service Connector. The Dishwasher must be level and aligned with the cabinets. It can be leveled by shimming under the front of the base or under the service connector.
6.-Screw the two Installation Bolts into the tapped holes in the Service Connector and draw up reasonably tight with a 4" wrench. It is not necessary to draw real tight as the "O" rings at the connections provide all seal necessary with a firm fitting of the Dishwasher against the Service Connector. The Installation Bolts are primarily used to hold the Dishwasher in place at the rear.
7.-Attach the right front end of the Dishwasher to the floor with one 3/16" x 1" wood screw, through the hole in the right front corner of the base. If concrete floor, use expansion fastener.
8.-Connect the lead-in wires or cable to the Junction Box of the Dishwasher. See Template and Figure 1. Connect the 4 white leads to white line of incoming power supply and black lead to black line of power supply. Solder the connections and wrap with tape.
If local codes require grounding other than that obtained by the water supply, grounding can be provided to the lug inside the Junction Box.
9.-To connect the Gas Line to the Dishwasher, shut off the gas to all other appliances. Unscrew the 6" nipple and elbow from the union and unscrew elbow from the nipple. See Figure 1. Screw Elbow onto the Gas Pipe tubing and screw the Nipple into the Elbow and then turn the Union onto the Nipple, carefully and tight. See that Safety Gas Cock is turned off . . . handle cross-wise to gas line. Turn on gas and again test all connections for leaks. When there are no leaks, turn Safety Gas Cock on - handle parallel with gas line.
Replace the Exhaust Tube: It snaps into Dilution Chamber in the rear and fits over the two screw ends protruding through the leg on the right side. Secure into position with the two 3/16'' hex head screws.
10.-Now operate the Dishwasher one complete cycle to test all connections for leaks. See separate instructions. Be sure there are no foreign objects inside the Dishwasher and that the dish racks are in place. The Front Grille will have to be installed for the test cycling so that the Grille Safety switch will be closed.
11.-If there are leaks in the Drain or Hot Water connections, push Timer in to stop the cycle. This shuts of cycling action. Remove the Front Grille and tighten connections to stop leaks. If there are no leaks, replace the Front Grille and install the Toe Plate.
12.-The Dishwasher is now ready to be placed in operation. See separate instructions.
13.-The countertop can now bt installed directly over the Dishwasher if it is not already in place.
14.-It is unnecessary to vent this dishwasher to the outside.
15.-We accept no responsibility for the installation or the connection of the Dishwasher to the Service Lines.
GENERAL OFFICES AND FACTORY WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WISCONSIN
The Wiring Diagram shows all wiring to various connections. Study it when
necessary to reconnect wires to components.
TO REPLACE TIMER KNOB:
The Knob is held to the shaft of the Timer with an Allen set screw. Remove set screw and Knob can be removed. The Knob is replaced easily by reversing this procedure. Be sure you do not pull the shaft outward or the Dishwasher will start to operate.
TO REMOVE FRONT GRILLE:
Grasp the Grille firmly at each end and pull it straight forward. It is held in placeby a friction clip at the ends. When replacing, push it firmly into position so that the Grille Safety Switch makes contact.
TO REMOVE TOE PLATE:
Unscrew the two screws at each end and it is easily removed.
TO REMOVE OUTER DOOR:
1. Remove the Timer Knob. See TO REPLACE TIMER KNOB.
2. Unscrew the two small Phillips-head screws from each edge of the door.
3- The Outer Door can then be carefully taken off from the inner door.
TO REVERSE DOOR PANEL:
1. Remove outer door. See TO REMOVE OUTER DOOR. Lay it face down on felt
or a blanket to protect the frame.
2. The outer steel door panel is finished on one side with the famous Preway Provincial Copper enamel and the other side is Satin Chrome.
3. The steel panel has a backing of 1â
" plywood held in position by 12 bolts with washers, â
at the bottom, 1 on each side and 6 at the top, 5 of which are in 3 brackets.
. Unscrew the bolts and washers. The upper left bracket holds the Preway Emblem in place so be careful that the Emblem does not fall out and get broken.
5- Lift out the plywood backing. Reverse the steel panel carefully to avoid marring the finish.
6. Re-assemble and install the outer door by reversing the above procedure,
TO REPLACE DOOR GASKET:
1. Open the Door. The gasket is in one piece for the sides and top, helA in place at the front of the tub, by the top, right and left gasket retainers . Unscrew the 7 hex-head screws from each side retainer and the 6 screws from the top retainer.
NOTE: The screws in the gasket retainers, thread into Well Nuts that are rubber
encased and are held to the tub by the rubber flange on them. Excessive pressure in tightening the screws can force the Well Nut out of its retaining hole. Replacement Well Nuts can be inserted from the inside of the tuu.
2. The bottom gasket at the front of the tub has a groove in it that fits over the front flange and is fastened to the flange with three bolts and nuts. To remove, take off the outer door. See "TO REMOVE OUTER DOOR". Unscrew the three nuts from the bolts. Open the inner door and remove the three bolts and lift the gasket off from the flange.
3- Replace the gaskets by reversing the above procedure.
4. When gaskets have been replaced, operate the Dishwasher through the
WASH CYCLE and test for leaks. If leakage occurs, stop the Dishwasher, open door slowly and check the fit of the gaskets again. If they fit as they should, the leak will stop.
TO ADJUST TENSION OF DOOR:
1. Remove Dishwasher from the cabinets. See TO REMOVE DISHWASHER.
2. Access to the door spring and cable assembly on each side, is now obtained.
3- Examine the spring and if broken or stretched, replace it.
4. Examine the cable and if it has become frayed or broken, replace it. The cable hooks on to the spring.
5 Look at the pulleys and if they are cracked or if the groove has worn
excessively, replace them. They are heli. in position by one bolt and nut.
TO REMOVE DISHWASHER:
1. Turn off the water, gas and electric power to the Dishwasher.
2. Remove the Front Grille and the Toe Plate from the Dishwasher.
3- Disconnect the lead-in electric wiring from the Junction Box of the Dishwasher .
. Disconnect the Gas Line from the Elbow on the Dishwasher. Close the Safety Gas Cock ahead of the Main Gas Valve.
5. Unscrew the hold-down screw from the right front corner of the Dishwasher base.
6. Unscrew the two long Installation Bolts at the front of the Dishwasher, just far enough so that the Dishwasher is loose from the Service Connector at the rear.
7. Pull the Dishwasher straight forward so that it is free from the cabinets.
8. If any water has drained on the floor or into the base of the Dishwasher, wipe it up.
9- To re-install the Dishwasher, see separate INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TO REPLACE PILOT LIGHT BULB:
1. Remove the Outer Door, see TO REMOVE OUTER DOOR.
2. The light bulb is now accessible. Press it in, rotate counter-clockwise and remove it from the socket.
3- Replace it with a heavy duty 10 watt double contact candelabra bayonet base type bulb (G.E. Type IOC7-DC/5).
. Re-install the Outer Door.
TO REPLACE THE TIMER:
1. Shut off the electric power to the Dishwasher.
2. Remove the Outer Door. See TO REMOVE OUTER DOOR.
3. Be very careful to note the wiring connected to the terminals on the timer
as the same connections must be made on the replacement Timer. Disconnect
all wires from the terminals.
. The Timer is attached to the bracket with two screws which can be unscrewed and the Timer can be removed.
5- Attach the new Timer to the bracket with the two screws. Re-connect the correct wires to their respective terminals on the Timer. This is important. Follow Wiring Diagram.
TO REPLACE MAIN GAS VALVE:
1. Shut off the gas and electric power to the Dishwasher.
2. Remove the Front Grille and Toe Plate.
3Â , Disconnect the Union from the Nipple of the Dishwasher gas line system,
being careful not to twist the regular gas line. Turn off the Safety Gas Cock ahead of the Gas Valve.
. Disconnect the two wires at the terminal board of the Lock-out Control, which lead to the Gas Valve. Note particularly the terminals on the terminal board to which the wires are connected.
5. Disconnect the gas tube from the gas burner by loosening the compression nut.
6. The Gas Valve is attached to the front of the Dishwasher base, with two screws which can now be removed and the Valve assembly taken out.
7- Unscrew the Safety Gas Cock from the inlet end of the Valve and the Gas
tube from the outlet end, of the Valve. This will include the fitting. Re-install them on the replacement Valve, making sure the connections are tight.
8. The new Valve can be installed by reversing the above procedure.
9- The wiring must be connected correctly and the entire gas line system tested for leaks.
TO REPLACE WATER LEVEL SWITCH:
1. Shut off water and electric power to the Dishwasher.
2. Remove the Front Grille.
3. Disconnect the three wires from the Switch noting the terminals for each
4. The Switch is held to the Switch bracket with one screw, which can be unscrewed.
5 The rear connection of the Switch fits into the water level hose and held by a hose clamp. Loosen the clamp screw and the Switch can be removed.
6. When installing new Switch, reverse the above procedure, making sure that the new Switch is in the same relative position and that the three wires
are connected to the correct terminals.
7- Turn on water and electric power.
TO REPLACE THE RINSE INJECTOR:
1. Remove the Outer Door. See TO REMOVE OUTER DOOR.
2. Detach the two wires from the Injector switch noting the terminals to
which each are connected.
3. The Injector is held to the inner door by the Fill and Injector plugs with gaskets, on the inside of the door.
4. Unscrew the plugs carefully and the Injector Cup with Solenoid Switch can be removed.
5- Install new cup assembly, by reversing the above procedure, being sure the two wires are connected to the correct terminals and that the two plugs eire turned up securely, but carefully to prevent leaks.
TO REPLACE FLAME DETECTOR:
This is located at right rear of Dishwasher, attached to the right rear leg,
with & bracket.
1. Remove the Dishwasher from the cabinets. See TO REMOVE DISHWASHER.
2. Disconnect the White, Yellow and Blue wires from the terminal board of the Lock-out Control, that run from the Flame Detector. Note carefully the terminals from which they will disconnect.
3. The Flame Detector fits in a bracket and into the Dilution Chamber and into the Combustion Tube and is held in position to the bracket with two screws on top.
4. Remove the screws and the Flame Detector is loose in the bracket.
5- Pull out the Flame Detector from the bracket, being careful not to damage the wires.
6. To install nev Flame Detector, reverse the above procedure. The heat sensing ribbon is to be at the right of the Flame Detector and the Flame Detector must be veil centered in the Combustion Tube. Be sure thn three vires are connected to the correct terminals on the terminal board. See Wiring Diagram.
7. Re-install Dishwasher. See separate INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. Turn on
water, gas and electric power.
REPLACE SPARK PLUG IGNITER:
1. Turn off the electric power to the Dishwasher.
2. Remove the Front Grille and Toe Plate.
3- Pull off the connector from the Spark Plug.
4. Unscrew Spark Plug from the seat.
5- Replace it with a Champion $T12-Y, Spark Plug and reverse above procedure on installation.
TO REPLACE THERMOSTATS:
There are two thermostats fastened to the outside of the sump. The one at the front is the Low (l6o°) Thermostat and the one at the right is the High (l80°) Thermostat. To remove either:
1. Disconnect the electric power to the Dishwasher.
2. Remove the Front Grille.
3- Disconnect the three wires from the Thermostat, noting terminals from which each was connected.
4. The Thermostat is held to the sump by two nuts screwed on to bolt studs.
5. Unscrew the nuts and remove thermostat.
6. To replace, reverse the above procedure, connecting wires to correct
TO REPLACE LOCK-OUT CONTROL:
1. Shut off electric power to the Dishwasher.
2. Remove the Front Grille and Toe Plate.
3. Remove Exhaust Tube. See paragraph three under TO REPLACE WATER INLET
4. Disconnect all wires from terminal board of the Lock-out Control. Note
terminals from which each wire is disconnected.
5. The Control is attached to a bracket with two screws which can be removed. The Control can now be taken out, being careful not to disturb other wiring connections.
6. To replace, reverse the above procedure, being very particular that the
12 wires are connected to the terminals exactly as shown in the Wiring
Diagram. This is very important.
TO REPLACE WATER INLET VALVE OR SOLENOID:
1. Shut off the water and electric power to the Dishwasher.
2. Remove the Front Grille and Toe Plate from the Dishwasher.
3. Remove the large Exhaust Tube. It is fastened to the right front leg
with two screws. The rear end fits over the Dilution Chamber and is held by two friction buttons, one on top and one underneath. Unscrew the two front screws and by depressing the end of the Dilution Chamber, the Exhaust Tube can be removed through the Front. Be careful not to loosen any wiring connections.
4. Place a sponge under the Inlet Valve and detach the inlet and outlet water lines from the Valve. Any water will be absorbed by the sponge.
5. Disconnect the two wires from Solenoid at the bottom of the Inlet Valve, noting the terminals from which they are removed.
6. Remove the two bolts holding the Valve and Solenoid assembly to the bracket and remove complete assembly, being careful not to disturb other wiring connections.
7. The Solenoid can be removed from the Inlet Valve by unscrewing the four screws from the bracket.
8. Replace the Inlet Valve and reassemble the Solenoid to the new Valve.
9. Re-install Inlet Valve and Solenoid by reversing the above steps. Be sure the wires are connected to the Solenoid correctly. Test water connections for leaks.
10. Remove the sponge and wipe by excess water from the Dishwasher base.
TO REPLACE COMBUSTION BLOWER, MOTOR, OR AIR SWITCH:
The above are an assembly attached to the Blower Housing and located near
the left front of the Dishwasher base.
1. Remove the Dishwasher. See TO REMOVE DISHWASHER.
2. Remove the Air Tube from the Blower Housing. See paragraphs 4 and 5
under TO REPLACE GAS BURNER.
3. Disconnect the two wires from the Air Switch and the two wires from the
Blower Motor, noting the particular terminals from which they are removed.
4. There are two hex-headed screws holding the Assembly to the bracket at the
left. Remove the screws and remove the Assembly through the front being
careful not to disturb any other wiring.
5. To remove Air Switch from Housing bracket, unscrew the two screws from the Switch.
6. Examine rubber diaphragm in left side of Housing and if cracked or worn, replace it.
7. Replace any of the parts necessary, reassemble to the Housing and reinstall Assembly by reversing the above procedure. "In re-assembling, it is important that the outside face of Blower hub is 3/â
" from the outside of the Blower Housing Side, See Picture. Be sure wires are connected correctly to the terminals. To re-install Dishwasher, see separate INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TO REPLACE DILUTION BLOWER, MOTOR OR AIR SWITCH:
The Dilution Blower with Motor, the Blower Housing and Air Switch are in one
Assembly, attached to the rear of the Dishwasher.
1. Remove the Dishwasher. See TO REMOVE DISHWASHER.
2. Remove the one screw that attaches the Blower Housing to the Dilution Chamber.
3. Disconnect the two wires from the Air Switch and the three wires from Blower Motor, noting their particular terminals.
4. The bracket holding the Blower Assembly is attached to the Housing with
two hex-headed screws. Remove the screws and the Assembly can be removed.
5. The Air Switch can be removed from bracket of the Housing by unscrewing
the two attaching screws.
6. Replace any necessary parts, re-aseemble to the Housing and re-install the Assembly by reversing the above steps. "In re-assembling, be sure that Blower hub is positioned the same as outlined in paragraph 7 under TO REPLACE COMBUSTION BLOWER, MOTOR OR AIR SWITCH". Make sure the correct wires are connected to their respective terminals on the switch and Motor. See Wiring Diagram.
TO REPLACE GAS BURNER:
1. Remove the Front Grille and Toe Plate.
2. Shut off the Safety Gas Cock ahead of the Main Gas Valve. Turn it perpendicular to the gas line.
3. Disconnect the gas tube from the Burner, that leads from the Gas Valve.
4. Unscrew the 2 bolts that connect the Air Tube to the Burner and to the
end of the. Combustion Tube.
5. Remove the Air Tube and the Burner can be removed. The Air Tube will
have to be lifted out of the Housing.
6. Replace Burner by reversing the above procedure.
TO REPLACE GAS ORIFICE:
1. Remove the Gas Burner. See Above.
2. Inside the outer end of the Burner is the Air Diffusion Target which can
be pulled out.
3. Access to the orifice is now attained and it can be unscrewed from the inside of the Burner with a small socket wrench.
4. Replace orifice and re-assemble the Burner. Be sure the Target is installed in same position from vhich it was removed.
TO REPLACE TRANSFORMER:
1. Remove the Main Gas Valve. Follow steps 1 to 7 under TO REPLACE MAIN GAS VALVE.
2. Disconnect the wire from the Spark Plug Igniter and unscrew Spark Plug
from the seat.
3. Disconnect the White and Yellow wires from terminals on the terminal
board of the Lock-out Control. Note terminals from which they were removed.
4. Unscrew the nuts from the two long bolts that hold the Transformer to the bracket, and remove Transformer through the front of the Dishwasher.
5. To replace, reverse the atove steps, making sure the wires are connected
correctly to the terminals. Test all gas connects for leaks.
TO REPLACE DOOR SOLENOID:
1. Turn off electric power to the Dishwasher.
2. Remove the outer door. See TO REMOVE OUTER DOOR.
3. Disconnect the Black and White wires from the Solenoid.
4. Remove the Latch Crank pin from the Solenoid and the Latch.
5. Unscrew the four nuts from the bolt studs which attach the Solenoid to
the door lining and remove the Solenoid.
6. To replace, reverse the above procedure.
TO REPLACE DOOR SWITCH:
1. Remove Dishwasher from cabinets. See TO REMOVE DISHWASHER.
2. The Switch is located on top of the Dishwasher.
3. Disconnect the Yellow and Black-White wires from the Switch.
4. Unscrew the two nuts holding the switch in position and remove Switch.
5. To replace, reverse the above procedure. To install Dishwasher, see
separate INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TO REPLACE FRONT GRILLE SWITCH:
1. Remove Dishwasher from cabinets. See TO REMOVE DISHWASHER.
2. The Switch is located in the channel of the lower right front leg.
3. Disconnect the two Black wires from the Switch.
4. Unscrew the two bolts holding the Switch to the leg and remove Switch.
5. To replace, reverse above steps. To install Dishwasher see separate
TO REPLACE DRAIN PUMP AND MOTOR:
This is located at the right rear of the Dishwasher and is an assembly of the
Pump and Motor.
1. Remove the Dishwasher from the cabinets. See TO REMOVE DISHWASHER.
2. Disconnect the one Red and two White wires from Pump motor.
3. Disconnect the hoses from the Pump by loosening the hsoe clamps.
4 Unscrew the four bolts holding the Pump Mounting Bracket to the Dishwasher
base. Loosen the hose clamp on the inlet hose and pull the Pump out from the hose.
5. The Pump and Motor assembly is now loose. The assembly can be removed
from the right side of the Dishwasher. Wipe up any water.
6. Re-install the assembly by reversing the above procedure. Be sure there
are no leaks and make certain the wires are connected correctly. See Wiring Diagram.
7. Re-install the Dishwasher. See separate INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TO REPLACE RADIAL WASH ARM:
1. Open the door and remove the dish racks.
2. The Wash Arm is held to the hub of the Water Tube with a large hexagonal retaining nut with a slot in the center.
3- Unscrew the nut using a half-dollar in the slot, as a screw driver. The
Wash Arm will slip off from the hub.
. Replace the Wash Arm and screw the nut on to the hub with the half-dollar.
Do not over-tighten the nut.
TO REPLACE WATER TUBE:
1. Remove-the Dishwasher from the cabinets. See TO REMOVE DISHWASHER.
2. Detach the water hose from the lower connection on the Water Tube after loosening the hose clamp. A small pan should be placed under the connection to catch draining water.
3- Unscrew the two nuts from the bolt studs holding the Water Tube to the side of the tub.
4. Open the door and remove Radial Wash Arm. See TO REPLACE RADIAL WASH ARM.
5- Carefully unscrew the large hexagonal lock nut from the hub, that holds the Water Tube to the inside of the tub.
6. Push the Water Tube hub through the rubber gasket and the Tube is removed.
7. Replace Tube by reversing the above procedure. The lock nut must be drawn up carefully and tightly to prevent leaks.
8. To replace Dishwasher, see separate INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WIS.
ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS FOR DWE 25â
0 - SIDE PANEL KIT FOR PREWAY l80 GAS DISHWASHER.
Contents of Kit:
1 - Side Panel, upper 1 - Side Panel, lower 1 - Mounting bracket 3 - 10-24 x 3/8 bolts 5 - 10-24 hex nuts 1 - l/4 - 20 hex bolt 5 - 3/16 lock washers 1 - #7 sheet metal screw 1 - Instruction sheet
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ASSEMBLY
1. If Dishwasher is installed, remove front toe plate and remove dishwasher from installation.
2. Drill two 13/64" holes in rear flange of legs. See Fig. 3 side panel is to be mounted on.
Drill 9/32" hole in rear leg on side, panel is to be mounted on.
4. Place mounting bracket in position. (Front of bracket toward front of machine) with stud flanges in center of legs. Push back until studs are through drilled holes in legs.
5. Fasten mounting bracket to legs with two 1/24 hex nuts and lock washers.
6. Attach lower and upper side panel together with three 10/24 nut bolts and lock washers - Fig. 2.
7. Slide side panel over front of mounting bracket and push back until end fits over rear of bracket.
8. Attach panel to rear of bracket with sheet metal screw.
9. Reach inside through rear of dishwasher and attach bottom of side panel
to leg with 1/4 20 hex bolt through 9/32" drilled hole.
10. Cut off end flange of toe plate, on side, panel is installed See Fig. 5.
11. Reinstall Dishwasher in proper position. Reinstall toe plate.
12. Operate dishwasher through complete cycle to check for proper operation.
HOW TO INSTALL SLIDE STOP CLIP T132â
9 ON PREWAY 180 GAS DISHWASHER MODEL 2530-1 DWN-2
1. Open Door and pull top basket forward.
2. Reach in between baskets and place clip in position over plastic slide (Figure l) with the two tabs pointing downward.
3. Press clip downward over rear of slide (Figure 2)
NOTE: If clip does not stay in
position, remove; squeeze tabs slightly closer together and re-install.
4. Repeat above operations on other plastic slide.
5. To remove basket from dishwasher, push tabs upward (Figure 3) and remove clip from slides - remove basket as usual.
PREWAY ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS
See download file